Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Final thread re 2007 "Underwater Reflections" calendar

Started by bmyates ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Final thread re 2007 "Underwater Reflections" calendar

4 posts
  1. Some of you may recall that I created a 2007 calendar of my underwater photography to raise money for the Polycystic Kidney Disease Foundation, which affects two families in my little company. My company paid all the production costs of the calendar so ALL proceeds from it sale have gone directly to the PKD Foundation (thus far, we've raised over $11,000!).

     

    I want to thank those of you who have purchased the calendar, and to thank Wetpixel for featuring it on their front page when I first announced it.

     

    There are only about 100 calendars left now, and when those are gone, "there aint no more," so if you still want one, or just want to see what it looks like, it can be ordered (US$20 apiece) HERE.

  2. Well done Bruce..

     

    That is a brilliant result, so congratulations.

     

    PKD runs in my mothers side of the family, so I know all about it.

     

    I have been giving away my first film to people with the wishes they donate £10 to there nearest 'kidney research' centre/charity. As I've said before its better than me spending the proceeds at the bar :D

     

    Just like to say well done again.. :D fantastic.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. ...I have been giving away my first film to people with the wishes they donate £10 to there nearest 'kidney research' centre/charity. . .

     

    Dean - I think that's great! Anything you can do that costs you a little, and results in 5-10 times that much going to a good cause like that is really leveraging your "gift". If everyone here on Wetpixel did things like that (and many already do!), it would mean millions of dollars from our diving and photo/video work going into worthy causes. Besides trying to preserve the life in the oceans, we can also help save human lives...

     

    Thanks again -- both for the encouragement and for what you're doing with your videos!

  4. PRICE REDUCED 40%!

     

    We've only got a few dozen calendars left, and to clear them out, I just reduced the price 40% to only $12 apiece! So if you're interested in getting one (and remember, ALL proceeds go to a great charitable cause), this is your final chance!

     

    Just go to http://www.underwaterreflections.com/gallery/1749596 .

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.