Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Canon G5 Aquatech Housing connecting to SS90DX

Started by Easydiver2 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon G5 Aquatech Housing connecting to SS90DX

2 posts
  1. Help,

    I have a Canon G5 in a Aquatech housing attached via fiberoptic cable to a SS90DX strobe. I want to hardwire the strobe to my Aquatech housing instead of using the fiberoptic cable:

     

    1. What type of bulkhead should I install? S&S, Nikonos, ICS Ikelite?

    2. Who makes these bulkheads?

    3. Since I have a SS90DX strobe, should I stay with a hardwire 6pin sync cable?

    4. Is there any conversion needed between the Canon G5 hotshoe and the SS90DX strobe?

     

    Thanks in advance for any comments, or advice.

     

    Charlie

  2. I can see from the older posts that I should have come to this website before spending my money on the Aquatech Housing at Backscatter, Monterey,CA. Damm! Too Late!

     

    The question I still have for anyone is:

    Can I drill thru the housing to install a Ikelite ICS Bulkhead? The material feels/looks like an alloy so I'm not sure if I should even try drilling thru the casing.

     

    The best I can expect (from everyone's comments) is manual control using the direct hardwired sync cable ICS to S&S.

     

    With the S&S90DX I can hopefully not need any furhter digital adapters to take care of the preflash.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.