Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

8" Acrylic Sea & Sea SX Dome Port w/10.5 mm??

Started by gengiant ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

8" Acrylic Sea & Sea SX Dome Port w/10.5 mm??

2 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I was wondering if the referenced combo will work when shooting the D200 in the DX-D200 Sea & Sea housing? Given the age of the SX dome the people at Sea & Sea I was able to get a hold of did not know the answer. I've shot the 12-24 mm lens with that port with great results. Of course, the 10.5 mm fisheye lens I just ordered is an entirely different lens. Any clues as to the need for a diopter with this port?

     

    Btw., I understand that Subaquatic Camera Repair is working on mating this old dome port to the 12-24mm lens to allow manual focus by means of the dome port focus knob (something missing on the new Sea & Sea NX dome ports). It'll be pretty sweet to have both manual focus and manual zoom available.

     

    GG

    Edited by gengiant
  2. Hi GG,

     

    Could you post some pics of the SX dome? I'd love to see where the focus knob ends up on it.

     

    At the wide end of the game I don't find manual focus all that useful. I just use one-touch AF mapped to the * button on the Canons and treat that like MF. The huge DoF of these wide lenses sorts out the rest.

     

    Martyn

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.