Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

type of sea urchin?

Started by StonieJ ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

type of sea urchin?

5 posts
  1. Haven't seen anything like it in my critter ID books, but has an urchin-like appearance.

    post-5690-1168480503_thumb.jpg

  2. Most definitely a worm. Over to you, Leslie.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  3. Well, that would certainly explain why I couldn't find it anywhere in the urchin section!

     

    Now that I'm using the right book, it looks like a Variegated Feather Duster.

     

    Thanks for the pointer, I'm still a bit new at all this!

  4. Variegated feather duster? You must be using Humann & DeLoach. The animal in your picture certainly looks like the one in the book. The striped pattern occurs in other species too.

  5. Leslie,

     

    Yep, Humann and DeLoach. The only ID books I have at the moment are the Reef Series set (Reef Fish, Reef Creatures, and Reef Coral).

    Edited by StonieJ
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.