Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

People make this community

Started by photovan ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

People make this community

6 posts
  1. I just wanted to share my recent experience from the Wetpixel Community.

     

    The "finning on the front line" topic spawned some correspondence between Justin Ebert (aka jbonehoss) and myself regarding the use of his images to heighten awareness of the issue.

     

    A couple of days later I had a note from Justin asking if I had any intention of registering the .com domain in the name of my current exhibition "Far and Wild", as he had seen it on my site, liked the name and looked to see if it was available, which it was.

     

    The nice thing about all this is that he made it clear that he thought I should have first option on farandwild.com and that if I didn't want it, he would grab it for his planned site. He didn't just go ahead and register it for himself, he thought of me first.

     

    This is all I know about Justin, but it is very refreshing to know that this community has members of such character.

     

    So this post is just to publicly acknowledge Justin, and to let everyone know that the creators and members of Wetpixel have indeed made a community, in the best sense of the word.

     

    thanks for pushing me along Justin, I hope I can reciprocate some time.

     

    Darren

  2. Darren,

     

    You are way too kind for saying such nice things!

     

    WetPixel is for sure comprised of the million small things everyone does for each other. Let's call it the pay it forward mentality. Underwater photography is one of the most rewarding things in my life. Without the folks on this website there is no way I could have learned all the great stuff I have over the last year. All the selfless time and information people share everyday amazes me. Thanks for all the help everyone!

     

    What a cool place! Now, that makes me want to go sign up for Eric's new Team Wetpixel subscription program.

     

    BTW: If you want to be inspired by some awesome photos, go visit Darren's Site!

  3. WOW !!!!

     

    Some fantastic photos on your site Darren.

     

    If it wasn't so bloody cold here in the U.K I'd grab a camera and go and shoot something..Inspirational.

     

    And a good man as well.

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(can you feel the love)B

  4. Indeed, stunning images Darren, great site!

     

    Steve

  5. OK, I'll chime in. Darren's got some great nature work on his site. I drug myself over to his site, thinking I'd see more clownfish shots, but was very pleased to find an array of different shots comprising a great portfolio. There's some definite Frans Lanting kind of shots there.

    Edited by scorpio_fish
  6. I'll chime in and add myself to the list of Darren's fans, but I'd also like to endorse his sentiments about Justin.

     

    Pretty cool thing you did Justin and the world would be a whole lot nicer place if everyone shared your mentality. Hopefully we can make our own little Utopia here. :)

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.