Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Storm over the Northsea. Embedded video (15MB)

Started by skawdiver ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Storm over the Northsea. Embedded video (15MB)

11 posts
  1. Well, right now we have a pretty good storm over Denmark.

     

    A few hours ago, I was at the beach, trying to make som video to sell for the news channels here in Denmark.

     

    As I write this, the wind is blowing with up to 35 m/sek outside (80mph)

     

    Enjoy:

     

     

    Sorry, but I speak Danish in the clip, saying something as:

     

    I am at the beach just west of Skagen right now

    The wind is blowing with up to 35 m/sek

    Actually it's a bit dangerous, sitting here at the dunes, cause I could slide down to the water, a place that I don't want to be, not right now, not until summer - HaHa.

    I have to use a divingmask, cause there is very much sand in the air.

     

    That's pretty much it.

    Edited by skawdiver
  2. Hang on ...I have to turn up the air con... :)

     

    Man that looks cold...anyone out there surfing :)

  3. I love it... Any excuse to wear a dive mask...we'll take it! :) hehe

  4. do your monster storms always come with clear blue skies?

  5. do your monster storms always come with clear blue skies?
    Well, not always, but often they do. I am not an expert on that, so I can't tell you why.
  6. Wow! That's a great vid, Hans, I'll bet the media loved it!

     

    And the dive mask is the perfect touch.

     

    Thanks for sharing that!

     

    Really puts things in perspective as we here in Southern California are whining about the night temperatures dropping below *freezing* (although, that's not a good thing for our agriculture).

     

    Mary Lynn

  7. How was the vis?

  8. Just looks like a typical days diving in the U.K to me... :)

     

    I loved the 'Crazy Danes' on the beach scene.. Not as tough as I thought though, they weren't in frilly bikini's.

     

    We had the winds here as well. Slates off the roof were cutting through the wind like knives...Cool.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  9. What no snorkel? :)

  10. And I thought you Vikings were tough. Bet your dive buddy was already in the water.

    Steve B)

  11. Hi friends,

     

    I am still trying to get all of the sand out of my ears :glare:

     

    Thanks for the comments.

     

    Unfortunately, the Tv stations where not ready to pay anything for the clip :( - they all very rarely use freelancers, which I think is sad :wub:

     

    However, they still thought that it was good footage, so they still wanted to use it, so I ended up saying okey, which is against my princips, :P

     

    Monday evening at 7pm, the clip was shown on the weekly weatherforecast on the primary danish channal 1.

     

    They only used the clips without me :P -which I don't understand, cause that was the best part of it B)

    - I think :D

    Edited by skawdiver
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.