Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Recommandations for film Scanner.

Started by imp ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Recommandations for film Scanner.

5 posts
  1. Hi guys, i need to scan all my slide and backing it up. So was wondering if anybody could highlight some of the model or if you're using it and how it fairs... thanks

  2. i would suggest a Nikon Coolscan model. Get the 50 slide holder and run it before you head off to bed. The ICE option is great as it gets rid of the vast majority of dust etc to save time in post.

  3. I have a Nikon Coolscan 5000 and 50-slide feeder which I use for bulk scanning. As Mike has said, you can set it to scan the batch while you do something else. I have found that for best quailty scans I still use my Flextite Photo, even though it has a lower ppi (4000ppi nikon/3200ppi flextite) the flextite scans are better as far as dynamic range and critical and edge to edge sharpness, but it can only do one scan at a time, which is not practical for archiving.

  4. Whatever you do, buy the 50 slide scanner model. I didn't and regret it. One by one is no fun.

    Marli

  5. Thks for the info, guys... i guess now, i gotta find a 2nd hand nikon coolscan 5000 to begin with... hehehe

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.