Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

How to make my camera rig neutral bouyant

Started by pygmyseahorse ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

How to make my camera rig neutral bouyant

3 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

     

    I have a NIkon D70 and SB800 in a Fantasea housing. My rig is positive bouyant. Any DIY tips on how to make it neutral? My arms get tired frm holding the rig after firing the 100th shot UW :-)

     

    I am thinking of using a 1lb weight and velcro it to the base of the housing. That way I can remove it whenever I want to and only put it on UW.

     

    Thanks

     

    Meng

  2. Try an ankle weight - built in clip!

  3. Hello Meng,

     

    For a nice/finished look Olympus sells soft plastic coated weights that attach to the bottom of their housings. They already have a hole in the center for attaching to any available spot and will not scratch your housing.

     

    A quick search on the net should point you to several places to purchase them.

     

    Good luck!

    Barry

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.