Just a simple question from a HDV beginner. Is it possible to mix DV with HDV in the same project using Prem Pro2? If so, can anyone explain in simple terms how it is done. I would be outputting to DVD, probably ISO file then Nero to burn the disc.
I would probably being needing to do this after my trip to Kenya, i.e. safari animals on the FX7 and the u/w stuff on my Sony 330E - while waiting for FX7 housings.
I welcome any comments.
Cheers
I've just downverted (in camera) to DVCAM and dropped it onto the timeline..
Premier 6
Looks great...
DeanB
You can mix formats on the same timeline, for example combining DV and HDV footage at 480, 720, 1080 lines, and then edit and preview directly in Premiere Pro 2, with real-time preview as possible based on the performance of your system.
There are other NLE's that will do it better in real time though.
There are also two very good and inexpensive applications/plug ins that will upconvert your DV to HDV. Very easy to use as well. Here are the links to their reviews on the www.kenstone.net editing sites.