Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Video Editing Software

Started by texellis ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Video Editing Software

8 posts
  1. I'm in the market to buy a new Video Editing software package and was wondering what is ruling the consumer market these days. I'm looking to spend under $150 or so and get a package that can capture, edit, and burn. What do you guys suggest?

  2. texelles, First you need to state whether you are on a PC or Mac.

    Steve B)

  3. texelles, First you need to state whether you are on a PC or Mac.

    Steve B)

    A Mac, what is that ? -something to eat ? :D

     

    Okey, an old joke, sorry. I am in South Africa - correction I am in a red wine from South Afrika :)

     

    :D

    Edited by skawdiver
  4. Sorry... 3.2 Ghz PC with 3 gigs of RAM and 350 Gigs worth of HD space.

     

    I've used Pinnacle 9.3 for a few projects and I like the interface. I borrowed the software from a friend to try it out and have been unable to install patches or buy add ons since it is registered in his name. I was considering buying 10.7 but everyone has commented on it's instability. I have not had any problems with 9.3 at all.

     

    Has anyone had any positive experience with 10.7?

     

    I was considering Sony Vegas and downloaded the trial version but it looks more complicated than Pinnacle and i'm not sure I want to tackle the learning curve. Any comments on the learning curve for Sony Vegas for a relatively new editor?

  5. Well personally I found Vegas very easy to learn although rather different at first from Premiere 6.5, which I used previously. The basics are a piece of cake and ripple-editing a series of clips in the timeline is a pleasure due to the great snapping behaviour, auto-rippling and auto-crossfades. I doubt it's more complicated in general than Pinnacle.

  6. I've used Pinnacle 9.3 for a few projects and I like the interface. I borrowed the software from a friend to try it out and have been unable to install patches or buy add ons since it is registered in his name. I was considering Sony Vegas and downloaded the trial version but it looks more complicated than Pinnacle and i'm not sure I want to tackle the learning curve. Any comments on the learning curve for Sony Vegas for a relatively new editor?
    Hi texellis.

     

    I have used Pinnacle 9.3 for several years, but in the end, I found it to be too limited in functions.

     

    Tried several different other software packages, and ended up with Vegas7, and have not regret it :D

     

    Every time your changes from one kind og software to another, you will experience difficulties in the start, and me too, but after a week, I was able to do more in Vegas than Studio.

     

    If you continue to use Studio, you will eventually find yourself in lack of options, especially with regards of filters, and color corrections, which means that someday you will be looking for another program, so why not just do it now, before you get too much stuck in the studio interface B)

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.