Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lots of flicker on stills, how to remove ?

Started by skawdiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Lots of flicker on stills, how to remove ?

6 posts
  1. Need a little help.

     

    I am making a project where I use screendumps from websites, and animating them via key frames.

     

    But there is a lot of flicker in the graphics.

     

    How do I get rid of that, and have smooooooth graphics moving across the screen.

     

    I have tried render as progressive, but that did'nt help.

     

    Any advice would be nice.

     

    I am on Vegas7

  2. Things to try:

     

    1. "reduce interlace flicker" (right click on event > switches)

    2. Make sure you're using "blend" or "interpolate" de-interlacing methods in your project properties if you're trying progressive

    3. Add a little gaussian blur effect to the events (horizontal 0, vertical start at 0.001 and increase if necessary)

    4. Reduce the opacity of the stills a little (drag down envelope from top of event)

    5. For white graphics reduce white levels from 255-255-255 to something like 235-235-235

     

    Let us know what works

  3. Things to try:

    Let us know what works

    Hi Nick,

     

    Thanks for your fast reply.

     

    I have tried your advice, and they helped, but not enough, there is still to much flicker in the graphics.

     

    However, I have to drop this project, as I am making a DVD for tonight, I am presenting my latest films in our local diveclub, so I have to start making the DVD now, or else I might not be finished in time.

     

    So I will play with the settings later.

     

    Thanks agian :P

    Edited by skawdiver
  4. Prem Pro you have to add the flicker filter as well.

     

    I hate to say it but the ones I have done with you know what work no probs. :P

  5. snickering at Wags....

     

     

    Sorry, i can't help, haven't done that before

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  6. Okey, I did'nt manage to put it into my project today, cause I had to start the mpeg2 encoding for tonights show at the local diveclub.

     

    -but I have been playing with it afterwards.

     

    Best results with:

     

    - Render quality: Best (this is very importent)

    - "reduce interlace flicker" (right click on event > switches)

    - Reduce the opacity of the stills

    Edited by skawdiver
Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.