Im sure its been covered before but I need some help since Im not a scuba photographer only land and air photographer.
I have a friend who has been doing scuba since 2000 and she has the crapiest little 2 megpixel camera she bought at a dive shop I have ever seen. Its not even brand name and uses AA batteries.
She travels costa, HA and various destinations to dive so some friends of her have decided to set her up with a decent camera for her needs and skill level. Im a l d200 user and no nothing about scuba so need help.
Requirements for the diving gurls birthday.
1. Digital point and shoot preferably Nikon or Canon.
2. lithiuiom ion battery
3. Must take great land pictures as well (her current camera only takes good underwater pix sometime)
4. A 35 to 120 zoom would be nice in a point in shoot (None of that extrapolated zoom stuff)
5. Shes not a pro so needs to be small and slim for carry everywhere kind o thing
6. Must be easy to use underwater as well as on land
7. I need to know what housing it needs because I no nothing about underwater photograpy
8. Would be nice if it was 5 megapixels or more
Could someone give me some feedback
Earl