Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Green line prob..

Started by DeanB ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Green line prob..

3 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    I have a problem.. :D

     

    I finished my film, captured it, downverted in camera some sequences in HDV some pre-set to DVCAM.. and edited it in Premier 6..Played it through my sony 32" everything looks good.

     

    I then took the master tape to my mate who rendered it in Sony vegas 4 and burnt it to disc.. and when we viewed it on his screen there was a faint green line running across the lower black bar on the 16:9 widescreen.. This is only on a few sequences. It wouldn't be to much of a problem but on the opening scene with clouds passing the moon, where the whole frame is black, the green line stands out a mile. I looked in my cams view finder..Nothing. Went back home re plugged my cam to my t.v..Nothing. My mate can still see this line on his tv. When he looks through his p.c monitor it shows across the lower black bar 'marker grid'. it seems to be only on the actual DVD disc, not the tape master.

     

    Any thoughts.

     

    I have noticed in cam, the 'down convert' is set to 'squeeze' would this be it..should it be 'letterbox'

     

    The other thing is the green line is not on the top black bar just the bottom.

     

    My mate has just rang and said he has noticed the green line changes colour slightly sometimes to yellow in certain sequences.

     

    Come on peeps help me..Please !!!!

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  2. Dean

    If it's only on the DVD then I would say it is an encoding problem.

    Does it still appear if the DVD is played on other screens?

  3. Hi all,

     

    Problem solved... :D

     

    It was apparently the settings on Vegas..

     

    He had it on 4:3 and it obviously did something weird...

     

    Cheers anyway Wags.

     

    DeanB

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.