Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

No longer a Lurker

Started by PhishSense ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

No longer a Lurker

3 posts
  1. Hi everyone! I've finally decided that I no longer wish to lurk around on Wetpixel and become a registered member today. How long have I been lurking you ask? Long enough....maybe a year..... :D

     

    I'm from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and generally a newbie in underwater photography and have been using the same point and shoot (Canon A80) for maybe the last 3 years with acceptable results, albeit the first time using it underwater was an utter disaster. When I first started taking pictures underwater at Sipadan, I'd look at my prints and go "what great shots", not realising that underwater photos aren't supposed to in all the different shades of green you could possibly think of. After some time practicing while on dive trips, I'd notice some consistent improvement in my composition, lighting and exposure. I still keep those gawd awful first shots at Sipadan to remind me that great photographers must have started out like that. Haha.

     

    I still am attached to my Canon A80 and have been using it on a regular basis. Although recently, I've been itching to go DSLR. I've found Wetpixel to be a great source of information all round and reading member reviews on recent products and technology does in fact give me a better feel of what owning a DSLR involves. Stunning pictures in the forums also fuel my intent to finally making the upgrade one fothese days.

     

    Great website! I'm looking forward to learning a whole lot more!

     

    Cheers!

  2. Live long and prosper.

  3. Welcome to the forums! Please, post some of your shots from Malaysia in the gallery, I heard there is some fantastic diving in this region.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.