Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

TheAquaPlanet.com - diving videos

Started by mt110121 ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

TheAquaPlanet.com - diving videos

8 posts
  1. I just checked this site. I think its a good idea but its not being used properly I think it would be a good idea if all the wetpixel members work on it and make the best out of that site it has alot of potetials. BTW Persian Gulf will always remain Persian :P

     

    Thanks,

    Mohammad Tavakoli

  2. I just checked this site. I think its a good idea but its not being used properly I think it would be a good idea if all the wetpixel members work on it and make the best out of that site it has alot of potetials. BTW Persian Gulf will always remain Persian :D

     

    Thanks,

    Mohammad Tavakoli

     

    Hi Mohammad

    I am working on some content for Keith to post on to the AquaPlanet. What are your thoughts on using this site properly to maximise it's potential? Short movies a la DiveFilm podcast as opposed to the single theme clips posted so far?

    I think there is room for all types of clips here as the linking and indexing could make this site useful to all sorts of people not just the creative film types.

     

     

    cheers

    Simon Deane

  3. Hallo all.

     

    Thanks to Eric Cheng and Mike Veitch for the review of the site.

     

    To all you Wetpixel members, this site was really made with all of you in mind and I hope that you use it to its full potential.

     

    Some background as to how the site started:

     

    I started shooting digital photo more seriously last year with an old Cannon Power Shot A80 that I have had for a few years. After each days diving I would burn a few discs for everyone on the dive. This then got a bit tiresome, so I started adding all the clips onto a webpage, thumbnails and original size so that the guys could just copy and download what they wanted.

     

    Then one day a dive colleague asked if I could take a small video clip of her doing some skills for an open water student who was having some problems. This was the first video clip I ever took. We used YouTube to embed it into the site and this then started all of us using our digital cameras to take video clips.

     

    Of course, I had the job of going onto YouTube each evening to get the embeddable code of the days various video clips and embed them onto our site, so being the type of person who is always looking for an easier and possibly better solution, the idea of having our own YouTube was born and www.theaquaplanet.com is the result.

     

    Of course that first clip had no white balance and was pretty bad,: so I set about learning to shoot better video and all the tips and ideas that have helped me learn, I have taken from all of you on the forums here at Wetpixel, so when the time arrived to launch the site I returned to Wetpixel and hope that the site will be helpful to each and everyone of you and that you could all add some input if at all possible.

     

    At the moment we are allowing 200mb per account, but still suggest keeping the clips to a maximum of 3 minutes at this stage.

     

    If and when you need more space, just drop me a line and I can increase this amount to whatever you need. Please PM me through the Wetpixel forum as this will only be available to Wetpixel forum members at this stage.

     

    The site works with either aspect ratio of 16:9 or 4:3, but I think at this stage 4:3 seems to be working out better. The site also supports more than 20 video formats supported by the codec library, including AVI, WMV, QuickTime, DIVX, MPEG, etc. For the full list check on the site.

     

    We are still testing various sizes of the flash player on the site and for embedding onto your own sites; I will get back to you on this one.

     

    Of course, once you have uploaded a clip, you can embed it directly onto your site or blog using the embeddable code provided or email the link on to anybody you like. Of course you can just leave the clip online for all of us to view. Any problems do not hesitate to contact me.

     

    We have many ideas for the site and any ideas that you think of we would be more than happy to hear about. I will announce ideas to you in the coming days, but probably have already rambled on more than I should have.

     

    I look forward to seeing your video clips on the site.

     

    Kind regards

    Keith A. Manning

    Founder

    www.theaquaplanet.com

  4. Hi Keith

     

    You have done a great job in putting it together and I can only image how much time you have put into it.

    I'm sure it will fill up in no time.

     

    Did you do the coding all yourself?

     

    Will have a go at posting one up soon.

  5. Hi Keith

     

    You have done a great job in putting it together and I can only image how much time you have put into it.

    I'm sure it will fill up in no time.

     

    Did you do the coding all yourself?

     

    Will have a go at posting one up soon.

     

    Hi Wagsy

     

    Thank you for the input.

     

    It has been about eleven months in the making.

     

    It has gone through a few versions to end up where it is today and it is thanks primarily to my partner Chelsey's php skills that we finaly have what we have and to our server tekkie Paul who has dealt with all the server modules, etc

     

    It is still a work in progress.

     

    We look forward to your clips.

     

    Kind regards

    Keith

    www.theaquaplanet.com - diving videos

  6. Hello Keith,

     

    I registered at your site and on several occasions attempted to upload some video files but the clips just seem to disappear somewhere into the Internet. Any suggestions?

  7. Hello Keith,

     

    I registered at your site and on several occasions attempted to upload some video files but the clips just seem to disappear somewhere into the Internet. Any suggestions?

     

    Hi David

     

    Thanks for checking out the site.

     

    Seems that you have not verified your email yet and that is more than likely the problem.

     

    If you can do that, you should be able to upload, no problem.

     

    I have just tested and all seems to be working fine.

     

    Possibly if that wasn't the problem, then you might have been trying to upload while I was busy changing the new flash player, which is a possiblity.

     

    Please try again and if you run into any problems, then please drop me a line at:

     

    support [at] theaquaplanet.com

     

    Look forward to your clips.

     

    Regards

    Keith

    www.theaquaplanet.com where you can watch, upload and share diving videos

  8. Hi keithesaf...I have used your page to upload a couple of videos . Why do I loose quality when I see it?...

     

    Hi David

     

    Thanks for checking out the site.

     

    Seems that you have not verified your email yet and that is more than likely the problem.

     

    If you can do that, you should be able to upload, no problem.

     

    I have just tested and all seems to be working fine.

     

    Possibly if that wasn't the problem, then you might have been trying to upload while I was busy changing the new flash player, which is a possiblity.

     

    Please try again and if you run into any problems, then please drop me a line at:

     

    support [at] theaquaplanet.com

     

    Look forward to your clips.

     

    Regards

    Keith

    www.theaquaplanet.com where you can watch, upload and share diving videos

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.