Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Experience with hookha systems

Started by js472 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Experience with hookha systems

2 posts
  1. I am thinking about using a hookah system on my next trip and I would like to know your thoughts about different models or the concept itself.

    Thank you

  2. What are you thinking about using it for ?

     

    Hookha (if thats how it is spelt) are purely a drop reg for emergencies. I have even seen them with 6-8 octo's on them.

     

    If you are planning on diving with a fixed airsupply from the surface you are looking at Snuba.

     

    In which case this was meant for shallow 40ft diving for small periods of time (say 30 minutes) as you have no indication of your air supply.

     

    I would recommend the tank supply version on a float:

    http://www.snuba.com/equipment.asp

     

    Generator prodivided air sources are just dodgy !

     

    But really ... I used snuba every day for 4 years doing fish feed. It's no simpler or easier than scuba ... I would just put a tank on and allow myself pull freedom.

     

    MHO .... Giles

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.