Hi,
I was wondering how long should I soak my camera in fresh water after a dive? I hear it's important to get the salt water off before it crystalizes so a quick dunk should sufficient until you get home and do a more thorough rinse. Is the removal of that initial salt water crutial?
Here's my situation: I usually pull my camera out of it's housing BEFORE I let it soak. Normally I might let it soak overnight and then dry it off. This time, I found about 2 inches of water sitting on the bottom of my dome port. I've always heard that you don't want to leave your camera in the housing in the event of a partial flood. Thankfully I removed my camera the night before and there wasn't much damage...only a BIG SCARE!!!
So I wanted to get some recommendations on how long it should soak after a weekend of diving?
Also I read some where that the dome port has a tendency more than other lenses. Is that true?
Thanks alot ![]()
Vance