Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Scorpionfish from Lembeh

Started by mandarinfish ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Scorpionfish from Lembeh

4 posts
  1. Looking to find an ID for this guy in the attached photo. Photo taken by Leslie North in Lembeh Strait.

     

    thanks for any clues!

     

    Linda

    post-263-1169789947_thumb.jpg

  2. From what I can see of it, I would guess it is a Dwarf Lionfish, Dendrochirus brachypterus.

     

    Michael.

  3. You know, I think you might be right. I looked at that previously, but the photos I was comparing with didn't match very well on some of the attributes. But I've found a photo of one that is very close.

     

    thanks,

    Linda

  4. That is the first thing i thought of as well. Got any shots of more of the fish>?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.