Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Id help?

Started by bondo ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Id help?

9 posts
  1. Anyone know what this is? I found it off of Flores Island in Indonesia.

     

    Thank you in advance for your help. :)

    post-4581-1170007500_thumb.jpg

  2. Do you have a pic of the whole structure? That would be a big help.

  3. No, I'm sorry I don't. I only took 3 frames of it, all from the same distance.

  4. It is Alveopora sp.

    Edited by acroporas
  5. Very nice abstract image btw :)

     

    Cor

  6. It is Alveopora sp.

     

    Hi Will - I was hoping you'd answer Bondo's post. What makes it Alveopora instead of another genus?

    Cheers, Leslie

  7. The big polps on long stalks with 12 tentacles.

     

    Similar would be Goniopora which has the same big polyps on long stalks but it has 24 tentacles.

    Edited by acroporas
  8. Thank you William and Leslie for you help with the ID and Cor, thank you for the compliment on the image. There's so much to learn here! Now I have to go Google Gonipora :)

  9. Now I have to go Google Gonipora :)

     

    Just incase there was any confusion, your picture is of Alveopora not Goniopora.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.