Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

A few layperson's questions

Started by RobDG ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

A few layperson's questions

3 posts
  1. Hello all - I am new to diving and have yet to buy my water-proof housing for my Canon PS A95. With that said I am very interested in getting some of the beautiful undersea images I see on the web as either computer backgrounds or screensavers. My questions relate to this goal. I have done some research on this site so I hope not to ask something already posted.

     

    - Do the people that take diving pictures allow them to be used for computer backgrounds/screensavers?

    - If not, can anyone point me to a good wallpaper/screensaver collection (for $) that use high quality images common on websites like wetpixel.com?

    - Has wetpixel.com ever considered putting together a collection for personal/non-commercial use as screensavers, etc?

     

    TIA,

    Rob

  2. HI Rob

     

    I think the best thing for you would be to look at something like istockphoto.com or other royalty free websites and have a look around some underwater stuff.

     

    Also, some of the dive resorts around the world have "screensaver" downloads on their websites. I know we used to, but not sure if we still do. www.mantaray.com (note, those aren't my photos.. :D)

  3. Hello Rob and welcome.

     

    We have a couple here you can download.

    Navy Pier

    Navy Pier 2

     

    Once you have them, PM or email us and we will give you an unlock code....no charge :D

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.