Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Port Covers

Started by PRC ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Port Covers

8 posts
  1. Anyone have an on-line source for stretchy neoprene port covers ?

     

    I could use one for my 6" Ike dome - the cover that comes with this dome is a bit of a problem to apply in the water.

     

    Plan B involves cutting up a mates wetsuit when he is not looking......

     

    Paul C

  2. HI, Paul

    I have seen one or two second hand on E-BAY, it may be worth a look.

    (I also understand you do a goode line in kitchen fitting) :(:huh::huh:

    Im building a house in norfolk & I may need a carpenter for second fixing how

    you fixed :D:(

    Andy :blink::)

  3. We bought one for our FE2 dome at backscatter.

     

    Cor

  4. I've been looking for the same sort of thing for my Subal dome port. I don't really like the mini beanie that Subal makes, I would rather have something that encompases the whole port and is held on by a draw string or something.

     

     

    Plan B involves cutting up a mates wetsuit when he is not looking......

     

     

    I have been keeping my out for abandoned wetsuits too!

     

    anyone know of a source for such an animal?

  5. This is what I bought from Backscatter ages ago..

     

    cover.jpg

     

    Check out this link.

     

    Have fun,

     

    cor

  6. Take your dome to the kitchen store and locate a soft plastic storage bowl that fits then trim down the sides a little and add a velcro strap.

  7. May be worth looking out the OpTech Hood Hat range. They go up to 5.75", which might fit a 6" port, especially after a bit of knifing up!

     

    http://www.optech-online.co.uk/lst94.htm

     

    Other than that, imagine if one were to search for "Neoprene Sheet" on ebay, what might one find. :blink:

     

     

    Martyn

    Edited by Rattus
  8. (I also understand you do a good line in kitchen fitting) huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif

    Im building a house in norfolk & I may need a carpenter for second fixing how

    you fixed laugh.gif laugh.gif

     

    Andy - you can't afford me ! ( hell, I can't afford me ).

     

    I still have some bits of the 'old' kitchen available - offers ???? Will exchange for a chunk of your old 3mm wetsuit....

     

    Other than that, imagine if one were to search for "Neoprene Sheet" on ebay, what might one find. biggrin.gif

     

    Quite a concern ! we used to get some brown wrapped deliveries from the "4D - Rubber Company" here at work - mmmmmm always wondered what was in them.

     

    Paul C

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.