Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Xinhua China View is using my turtle image

Started by echeng ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Xinhua China View is using my turtle image

8 posts
  1. Beter send them an email Eric.

    Cheeky.

     

    I like this bit at the bottom of the page....

    Copyright ©2003 Xinhua News Agency. All rights reserved.

    Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. :)

  2. do these types really think that they can do this and we won't find out? Are they a bit dim or what?

  3. I recently found two of my images on this site: http://lovacnasnove.blog.hr without a copyright notice (which I normally do have on images I place on the web)

     

    There's lots more, probably quite a few from wetpixel members. I dont speak hungarian so i have no idea about the context of these images. I think these are images I submitted to a contest about a year ago.

     

    Cor

  4. Pretty ballsy! Of course, I doubt you'd get anywhere trying to take legal action, since the Chinese don't seem to consider copyrights and trademarks applicable to them...

  5. Hey Eric

    Here is website of the National Copyright Administration. I can't find the email I got from them. I had to deal with them over clips used by China TV taped from the BBC HD without permission. The Beebs didn't even know about it. Since this is Xinhua... I'd cc the NCA in your correspondence to Xinhua.

    Good time to practice your putonghua.

     

    http://www.ncac.gov.cn

    Edited by segal3
  6. Won't some of the search engines block sites which clearly flaunt copyright? Might be worth an email to google.

  7. want me to swing by the xinhua HK office and give them hell ^_^

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.