Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Video People Needed

Started by wagsy ·

  • 18Posts
  • 18Replies

Read-only discussion

Video People Needed

18 posts
  1. Thought I would post this here as some non video folks might know someone interested as well.

     

    The Floppy Whale Shark season will be here at the end of March in Western Australia, (Ningaloo Reef).

     

    I know there is boats looking for day Videoligists to shoot each day.

     

    There is no commision to pay out, you keep what you make and most of it is in jolly notes $$$ :lol:

  2. Stop it..Just stop it will ya :P

     

    Its hard enough having to clear 10 inches of snow off my car without you throwing in this nonsense.

     

    And another thing... I don't know whats up with women..My girlfriend has always wanted to wake up to 10 inches and now she's still moaning :lol:

     

    I can just dream wags..

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. Hi Wags,

     

    What's the Deal with Brits coming out there to work?!? At a spritely age of 25 i can still get a 'student working visa' i think, could be fun!

     

    Oh and Dean, think yourself lucky i woke up to an inch, and on my own....

  4. Har Har..snow whats that?

    I was 35 when I first experienced snow, went to Germany :lol:

     

    Like I said...Jolly Notes$$$ and you would not be the first to do something like that :P

  5. Hi Wags,

     

    What's the Deal with Brits coming out there to work?!? At a spritely age of 25 i can still get a 'student working visa' i think, could be fun!

     

    Oh and Dean, think yourself lucky i woke up to an inch, and on my own....

     

    A general holiday work permit is available Australian Holiday Work Permit.

     

    Once you get sick of the whales sharks head over to Cairns - I've got plenty of jobs for U/W photo & video people on liveaboards diving the Cod Hole , Ribbon reefs & the Coral Sea - Osprey Reef.

  6. That sounds wonderful, oh to be young and free again

    Steve B)

  7. Never to old Steve :P

     

    Now that is a great GIG, Whale Sharks here then GBR with Peters setup...

     

    Hey Peter maybe we can sell them as a Package :lol:

     

    Really... you need a laptop with a burner, housing and camera and away you go.

    Walk on, Walk off each day.

     

    It's not so much about how good you are but how well you interact with the folks on board for the day.

    Kelly's better at it than me, quite often she would come home with $500-$600 days :P Must be the little bikini...

     

    My record was 500 for 3.5 months plus a heap of our Ningaloo DVD's.

    One guy even sold 20 DVD's to 20 pax...$1000 day ;)

  8. Yeah, used to do the Video gig in Tahiti.

     

    Might have to get my 'Magnum PI' style tight shorts out of retirement!

     

    But... got the photo workshops in June... And i'd HAVE to go HD first, cant be turning up with a little one :lol:

  9. I've got plenty of jobs for U/W photo & video people on liveaboards diving the Cod Hole , Ribbon reefs & the Coral Sea - Osprey Reef.

    So Peter, when I get to Cairns in Nov, I have a job? But that needs interaction with people right? Aww darnit!

     

    Kelly's better at it than me, quite often she would come home with $500-$600 days :P Must be the little bikini...

    Wags, I think you would look good in a little bikini if you waxed. :lol:

     

    Simon, since you worked in French Poly, shouldn't you have a black or red speedo as standard?

  10. You Bastardo's :P

     

    I'm sat here at my P.C with a stinking cold, looking out at snow and your all offering jobs...

     

    HAVE YOU NO F'ING SOUL... :lol:

     

    As soon as I can breathe again I'm on the first plane...

     

    $500-600 thats about £200 I'll go for that..Just to see Wags 'waxed up' and in that bikini will be worth it.

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(cough, splutter)B

     

    P.s what about those over 31....

    Edited by DeanB
  11. Simon, since you worked in French Poly, shouldn't you have a black or red speedo as standard?

     

    What can i say... I'm just an ignorant Brit who didn't get into the local culture!!

  12. That's ok Simon. Many women I know say that not many men look good in them anyways.

     

    Dean for the over 31, you can look forward to:

    1. Slower metabolism culminating to...

    2. Bigger belly (but that may already be preceded by beer belly)

    3. More faster growing nose hair

    4. More faster growing ear hair

    5. Diminished learning capacity.

    6. Deteriorating vision.

    7. Greying hair

    8. The onset of dirty old man syndrome where you'll find you're looking at younger girls between 16-20.

    9. Stamina decrease (which doesn't really count if you were never in shape before anyways)

    10. More aches and pains and slower recovery from binge drinking.

     

    All those things work to your advantage in a place like Exmouth. :lol:

  13. Hey Dean, I was 30 when I started shooting the sharks here, in fact I think I might of been one of the first guys to do it, back in the days when there was only one main dive shop called Exmouth Diving and Fishing :P Man the amount of money they made back then...cash going everywhere, but those days are well and truely gone.

     

    I know I was the first over at the Islands, never forget the bosses face when I came back and sold 12 tapes for the day, trippled my pay :lol: So from then on I just did the Island trips guiding and shooting at the same time.

     

    Same teaching students, they would all buy a copy at the end. Back in the days of no computers, shoot in camera with no mistakes.

     

    Drew I think there is allot of guys like that here already...so Dean would fit in thats for sure.

    I would fit a few there but I don't drink much, have no hair and I have my young wife anyhow.

     

    Simon French Poly would of been a nice GIG.

    Edited by wagsy
  14. Dean for the over 31, you can look forward to:

    1. Slower metabolism culminating to...

    2. Bigger belly (but that may already be preceded by beer belly)

    3. More faster growing nose hair

    4. More faster growing ear hair

    5. Diminished learning capacity.

    6. Deteriorating vision.

    7. Greying hair

    8. The onset of dirty old man syndrome where you'll find you're looking at younger girls between 16-20.

    9. Stamina decrease (which doesn't really count if you were never in shape before anyways)

    10. More aches and pains and slower recovery from binge drinking.

    Christ Drew did u steal my medical records?

     

    p.s. When my black speedos got a little too "sheer" I cut them up to use as light filters :lol:

  15. Christ Drew did u steal my medical records?

     

    p.s. When my black speedos got a little too "sheer" I cut them up to use as light filters :lol:

     

     

    We thought they were your stockings..................

  16. A quick note to any and all doing video of whale sharks - I am a shark biologist who works with whale sharks (currently completing a project in Tanzania, Africa). Whale sharks can be identified by their indivual spot patterns - which are as unique as human fingerprints. If the video image is of a high enough quality an accurate ID can be determined for a shark by looking at the pattern on its head and just behind the gills. Still images taken from video can be sent to an online database - the ECOCEAN Whale Shark Photo-identification Library (http://www.whaleshark.org). Whale sharks are highly migratory, and we still know very little about their migration patterns. As part of my research I will be deploying archival pop-off satellite tags and visual ID tags (thanks mainly in part to funding by WWF). However, any good identification pictures can be compared with the database data and preevious sightings and location determined. Tanzania is on the east coast of Africa and there is the potential that some of the sharks I tag may travel across the Indian Ocean to Ningaloo. Please keep an eye out for yellow tags with a four digit ID number located on the left side of the shark under the dorsal fin. If any are seen please contact me directly at potenski@nova.edu or register the sighting with the Shark Research Institute (www.sharks.org). Any and all contributions to the ECOCEAN database will be appreciated by researchers such as myself as we try to understand more of this amazing animal's biology. Thank you..

     

    - MP

     

    Matthew Potenski

    Principal Investigator

    Whale Shark Biology & Migration Project

    Tanzania Africa

    The Shark Research Institute

    www.sharks.org

  17. Hi Mathew

    We will keep a look out for the little yellow tags for you.

    We are also well aware of Brad and ECOCEAN.

    Be cool to match one up from over there.

    Do you think a Great White or Orca did this?

     

    bite.jpg

  18. bite.jpg

     

    Sweet Jesus...what in the world happened to that animal?

     

    Folks, your day is never as bad as you think it is.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.