Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sequence Settings for the Highest Resolution

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Sequence Settings for the Highest Resolution

5 posts
  1. Hey all,

    I'm posting this for an individual who emailed me privately. Not sure of the best answer for him.

    thanks,

    Steve B)

     

    "When shooting mini-dv anamorphic (DVX-100B) for a tv commercial, what is the best sequence setting and best way to output for the highest resolution?

     

    Normally I've been setting my sequence settings to DV/DVCPro when editing (to shorten renders), but changing it to uncompressed 8bit 4:2:2 before making a .mov or exporting to compressor to make a DVD. The picture looks as good as I've ever seen mini-dv on tv.

     

    But I just sent a DVD of the above footage with a quicktime uncompressed 8bit 4:2:2 movie to a production company for a tv ad and they said the quality wasn't up to par. Should I do the same as output to tape or change the setting to something else?

     

    Much thanks for the help-Gene "

  2. I would of thought just dumping it back to a Mini DV tape would be best or the DV file to a DVD disk if it will fit?

  3. company for a tv ad and they said the quality wasn't up to par. Should I do the same as output to tape or

     

    Were there details of what was not up to par, was there something more such as not being up to broadcast standards?

     

    It sounds like based on what the person said the quality was there otherwise(?)

     

    Did they use a broadcast set-up to mix/correct?

     

    And sometimes providing tapes just works better (meaning people on the other end expect to see a tape, and if it is not in tape format, they have the wrong perception from the get go.)

  4. Sorry, been away for a few days. Nope, that is all the info he had sent me. Don't know what his problem is and haven't seen the footage myself.

    Steve B)

  5. Sorry, been away for a few days. Nope, that is all the info he had sent me. Don't know what his problem is and haven't seen the footage myself.

    Steve B)

     

     

    Would be interesting to find out. Could even be the person on the other end opened up the QT movie and played it back on a PC computer monitor :lol:

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.