Hello everyone!
My husband and I are new to diving and underwater photography. We got our AOW in December and are headed to Cozumel this weekend for our 2nd ocean dive. Even though we don't have a lot of dives logged, we are definitely addicted!
We recently purchased the Olympus 5050 Zoom and PT-015 housing...no external strobes at this time. As of now, I plan on just using the "P" mode for this trip...taking the time to get use to the camera and still working on my diving skills.
Those of you who have the 5050 know that you are able to set up to 8 different modes. After some advice from others, I'm thinking about mainly working in the following two modes:
1. For close up: "P" mode, Macro, and fill-in flash.
2. For wide angle: "P" mode and fill-in flash.
Do these sound okay? And, if so, should I just set "My Mode" to the Macro settings and switch the dial over to "P" for wide angle, or should I set both of them in "My Mode?" I'm not sure how quick or easy it is to switch from macro to wide while diving.
Any help or advice you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Jennifer