Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Manatee Photos

Started by ce4jesus ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Manatee Photos

2 posts
  1. We've all seen the great photos from some of the clearer sites but the fact is Kings Spring still reigns supreme for a manatee encounter. So what settings do you use on your camera at this location to get "decent" photos?

  2. Gary,

     

    I answered you best I could on this link with the time I have available right now:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16053

     

    The conditions at King Spring now are not impossible to photograph in, but the photos will never be as good as in clear water. I posted a pic I took last year in super-murky conditions at King Spring with my point and shoot Fuji F810. Hope that helps. As I said with the d200 now I'd probably skip taking pics if the conditions were too murky and just have fun!!! But I'm sure I could still get some decent shots. It is very necessary to shoot "up" in those conditions and position the strobe out on a rather low setting.

     

    Hope this helps!

     

    Carol

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.