Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

What to put in front of your image

Started by CeeDave ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

What to put in front of your image

5 posts
  1. All,

     

    I have looked at a bunch of framed, glazed prints. And I have decided that, prophylactic properties notwithstanding, I don't like the way glazing (whether antiglare or not) interferes with viewing the priint. I've started mounting all my favorite shots without any glass.

     

    Comments, anyone?

     

    Chris in Red Stick

  2. I love the anti glare (protect from sunlight glass) on my prints .. I prefer them on matt prints rather than gloss ... but both look great to me (the glass is always pretty thing like 2mm

     

    I like the protection that glass offers ... in so many ways

  3. I went through a stage of loving matt prints and still do for human subjects, but now, especially for underwater images I can't get too glossy. The gloss accentuates the colours and really lifts the image. Same with the antiglare glass, it dulls the image, almost a desaturating effect. That super crisp focus on the macro loses its edge by the softening of the dimpled glass.

     

    all IMHO of course :)

     

    no glass - not for me! fingers, dust .... very scarey :lol:

  4. no glass - not for me! fingers, dust .... very scarey :lol:

    I understand that for a gallery show ... but at home, I am starting to give up the glass, and view them naked, no glare. I put them where they don't get direct light, so UV protection doesn't come into it, really. And I can see so much more detail without the glass.

     

    Chris in Red Stick

  5. I understand that for a gallery show ... but at home, I am starting to view them naked

    At least you wear clothes at the gallery shows :)

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.