Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sealife DC200 Digicam

Started by npaden ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Sealife DC200 Digicam

1 posts
  1. I'm looking for a camera to take with me on a dive trip to fiji this summer. I'm not a diver and am not even certified yet but am planning on doing that this spring before I go. I'm a reef aquarist and that's one of the main reasons we've chosen fiji as our vacation spot but this is a once in a lifetime vacation probably and I doubt I will ever be back and not really even planning on scuba diving anywhere else either.

     

    With that in mind I don't really want to pay a bunch of $$ for a camera I will only use once. Not looking to take any spectacular photos but more of along the lines of "look where I went and see all the pretty fishes" kind of shots.

     

    The Sealife DC200 Digicam is down to under $300 now with rebates and I was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of someone who has used one and whether it would be worth it or not. I've used digital cameras for years and prefer them over film cameras and would like to go the digital route but really not looking to spend the serious cash on one of the nicer setups. Also, since I will be a new diver I want to keep things as simple as possible for while I'm down there.

     

    I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

     

    Thanks, Nathan

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.