Lightroom 1.0 is being offered for $199 in the US until April 2007, and will then cost $299.
Will it be any better then Apple's Aperture??? I never downloaded the Beta but its got to try very hard.
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by saeedrashid ·
Read-only discussion
Lightroom 1.0 is being offered for $199 in the US until April 2007, and will then cost $299.
Will it be any better then Apple's Aperture??? I never downloaded the Beta but its got to try very hard.
I think they are similar, with Lightroom being a little more slick on the output side. My favortite feature though of Aperture are the stacking features with all the versions etc in a stack. So for importing and sorting, comparing different versions etc Aperture gets my vote.
Lightroom 1.0 is being offered for $199 in the US until April 2007, and will then cost $299.
Will it be any better then Apple's Aperture??? I never downloaded the Beta but its got to try very hard.
I think they are similar, with Lightroom being a little more slick on the output side. My favortite feature though of Aperture are the stacking features with all the versions etc in a stack. So for importing and sorting, comparing different versions etc Aperture gets my vote.
Lightroom 1.0 has support for stacking and a lot more. It appears that Adobe took what people liked about Aperture, and implemented it in Lightroom. So far, so good.
It will be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison.
me tree, but not only to aperture, but in general to Raw conversion software/image management in general.
Gerard
The reviews/comparisons are already starting to flow in....
Lightroom review
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/apps/lightroom.ars
The comparison vs Aperture page of this review
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.