Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Time Sequence Images

Started by 2Oceans ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Time Sequence Images

2 posts
  1. Anyone, Perhaps this question has been posed before. I am interested in taking a time sequence of images of a horse and rider jumping a series of inline jumps with the camera sensor plane parallel to the direction of the rider and superimposing them all on to one image from start to finish so that the same rider and horse are seen multiple times in the image negotiating each jump at a different place in the image. Can this be done well with Photoshop using the "Photomerge" process for stitching panoramas or some other technique? I have seen similar images shot with a diver jumping into the water and with jumps while parasurfing. I am using a D2X and a D200 that have similar features that allow either merging of two already shot images or a multiple exposure feature that will automatically allow more than two images to be shot and combined while compensating for exposure automatically. I have not gotten the clean images that I would like using the above methods. If not with Photoshop then what am I doing wrong with the camera settings?

    Thanks. vr / Andy

  2. Hi Andy.

     

    I don't know anything about the camera settings and those features, sorry.

     

    Are you shooting the scene from the same fixed point with a really wide angle lense (should work well) or panning? Panning I would think the perspective shift would mess things up. But if you set up so that the whole line of jumps is in your shot (wide angle), and use a tripod, you can just paste all the shots together as layers, and mask out portions so that each jump shows through from the right layer. I made this collage using this technique - pretty easy, as long as you hold everything (focus, aperture, shutter speed, iso) constant for all the shots.

     

    If you are panning, you could try to use photo merge, but that's gonna be harder becuase you're supposed to overlap the shots quite a bit for photomerge to work - like at least 1/3 - (and personally, I don't much like it). Plus your perspective is going to change if you're panning, might look wierd.

     

    I hope I"m interpreting your question correctly.

    Susan

     

    Anyone, Perhaps this question has been posed before. I am interested in taking a time sequence of images of a horse and rider jumping a series of inline jumps with the camera sensor plane parallel to the direction of the rider and superimposing them all on to one image from start to finish so that the same rider and horse are seen multiple times in the image negotiating each jump at a different place in the image. Can this be done well with Photoshop using the "Photomerge" process for stitching panoramas or some other technique? I have seen similar images shot with a diver jumping into the water and with jumps while parasurfing. I am using a D2X and a D200 that have similar features that allow either merging of two already shot images or a multiple exposure feature that will automatically allow more than two images to be shot and combined while compensating for exposure automatically. I have not gotten the clean images that I would like using the above methods. If not with Photoshop then what am I doing wrong with the camera settings?

    Thanks. vr / Andy

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.