Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

new life for old hard drives

Started by Hawkfish ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

new life for old hard drives

5 posts
  1. I thought this was a cool gadget that many of us might be interested in...its a power cord and pin connector unit that attaches to a hard drive using a usb2 connection and allows use of the hard drive without the need for putting it into any kind of case. It detaches fast, so if you have some old computers around with working hard drives you can now remove the drive from the old machine and use it as a storage unit. Save money and recycle old stuff - thats the ticket.

     

    http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Plug-...ech-Adapter.htm

  2. I thought this was a cool gadget that many of us might be interested in...its a power cord and pin connector unit that attaches to a hard drive using a usb2 connection and allows use of the hard drive without the need for putting it into any kind of case. It detaches fast, so if you have some old computers around with working hard drives you can now remove the drive from the old machine and use it as a storage unit. Save money and recycle old stuff - thats the ticket.

     

    http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Plug-...ech-Adapter.htm

     

     

    I have had one from Wiebetech for quite awhile now that does FW, but for $25 and being able to attach to all sizes and IDE/SATA looks like a good combo.

     

    As an aside wiebetech sells plates for the bottom of 3.5" HDs (probably others also I am sure) to protect the drive mechanism. grantiedigtial enclosures are also solid (I have some for 3.5" SATA drives), and not too pricey.

  3. Thanks Guy's very interesting and useful too boot!!! I've got some old 3.5" laptop drives with info on and this will solve the issue of retrieving the data. :)

  4. Thanks Guy's very interesting and useful too boot!!! I've got some old 3.5" laptop drives with info on and this will solve the issue of retrieving the data. :)

     

    Double check whether they are 3.5" or 2.5", usually laptop drives are 2.5" so if you were looking at any of the plates or enclosures to protect the mechanism they (meaning those for 3.5" drives) will not work properly.

  5. roger dodger, 10 4, over and out

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.