Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 10D

Started by bobjarman ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 10D

12 posts
  1. Just because I am an equipment techie nerd who loves to spread rumours :D

     

    http://www.pbase.com/geonahta10d/canon_10d&page%3D1

     

     

    Looks Like it might fit in a d60 housing?

     

     

    ps: If its another haox, its well done, notice the camera show backgrounds in some shots?

  2. assuming it isn't a hoax, it might fit size-wise, but the buttons on the top lcd are in very different locations, as is the power button, so the controls would need to be moved.

  3. Who needs buttons, just put it on P mode fire away. :D

     

    Actually I hadn't looked at the buttons that closely. You are right

  4. Why did they have to move the buttons!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. I just got my lotto tickets, if I win I won't care about the buttons =)

     

     

    For now I care!

  6. Because if they didn't move the buttons, everyone would say "that looks just like a D60", and we wouldn't want THAT now would we... :D

  7. well...Maybe I can live without the butons underwater.

  8. I was looking at that, wondering what's missing.

     

    You'd definitely lose:

    Af/WB - changing autofocus / whitebalance modes (might not be a big deal if shooting raw anyway)

    Drive - changing from single shot to multi-shot (no big deal)

    Metering / EV compensation - (shouldn't be a big deal underwater)

    Trash - (not good, but not the end of the world)

    On / Off - this would be bad, you'd have to turn the camera on before it's in the housing, then make sure auto poweroff isn't set.

     

    Might lose:

    Menu (ouch, can't change iso easily any more, unless you tie it to the set button)

    Info (no prob)

    Jump (no prob)

    Magnify (no prob)

    Play (bad, but you could set the review time to 8 secs and just deal with it)

     

    You could probably deal with it, but I wouldn't want this to be a permanent solution. Probably could deal long enough for the housing mfgrs and bank account to catch up...

  9. The on / off is not an issue for me since i have never turned it off. The auto off feature works great and I don't see any side effects of using it.

     

    Play (bad, but you could set the review time to 8 secs and just deal with it)

    Agreed

     

    Trash - Never use it, I edit after the shoot

    Af/WB -That might hurt, I guess I'll have to shoot raw

     

    Info, Jump & Magnify lol, HAVE YOU EVER USED ONE OF THEM? LOL

     

     

    What we don't know is what new features that we will not beable to use. I don't plan on upgrading if I need a new housing. My only issue is the focus, I can live with it.

  10. Supposedly, it has the Elan 7 focusing system which is far superior to the D60.

     

    Cheers

    James

  11. I have an Elan 7, and that's absolutely true. The focus is much better, the one thing I'd like to correct on the D60. Ok, I wouldn't mind lowering the 1.6x down to 1.3x like on the 1d as well.

     

    I doubt that I'll upgrade any time soon, I've got enough to do to handle the D60 now, but it would make it easier to deal with if when I did decide to upgrade that didn't necessarily mean a new housing immediately.

  12. If I knew the 10D was a fit in my housing I would sell it on ebay today, they are still getting 2000+ when we all know in two weeks the value is going to drop 400+.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.