Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Port Covers/Protection

Started by rstark ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Port Covers/Protection

9 posts
  1. I have run across a web site that offers free sample orders of vinyl/rubber end caps. These are perfect for protecting your ports. I ordered two sets of samples for my Aquatica A5000 ports. I ordered VC3500-16 for the 19mm Dome port front and VC2375-16 for the rear which also works for the rear standard port.

     

    NIAGARA PLASTICS COMPANY

  2. Thanks Robert!

     

    I'll let you know if mine fit when they arrive.

  3. I got mine earlier this week and the fit great. They ship fast so you should have them sometime next week.

  4. Careful with this type cover in the water. You might find you cant remove it under pressure if it is a close fit.

     

    Wouldnt that suck.

  5. I am actually using these for topside protection. U/W I use Optech neoprene covers.

  6. U/W I use Optech neoprene covers.

    Robert,

     

    Where did you get these from?

     

    Mark

  7. Thanks for that.

     

    We should start a pinned thread for A5000-CP5000 users.

  8. I got them at www.bhphotovideo.com. Do a search for "Optech Hood Hat".

     

    I like the idea of a pinned thread for Aquatica 5000 users. If I think of a good tip I'll do it. If someone else starts this then title it the same as the A995 tip thread that is pinned in Tips/Techniques.

  9. I am more than willing to provide any exif info on the pics I posted up if anyone thinks it would help them in their pictures. I shoot the 90dx's and used the external wideangle

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.