Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Full exposure control with Ikelite housing and DS-125

Started by markdhanlon ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Full exposure control with Ikelite housing and DS-125

2 posts
  1. I have a Canon Rebel XT (350D) connected through my Ike housing to my DS-125. Whenever I try to set to aperature or shutter priority, the camera responds as if the strobe is not connected, even though the flash symbol appears. When I manually set both aperature and shutter speed, the camera tells me that the photo will be underexposed. However, the histogram shows a perfectly exposed photo.

     

    Is this normal? I thought that it was and have been shooting like this for the past year (ie when I first got my setup). However, after speaking to a friend of mine regarding land flashes, he stated that this didn't sound right. I'm sure that other people on this forum have similar setups. Please let me know if this needs to go back to Ike for the 3rd time.

     

    Thanks.

  2. Exposure evaluation for Canon cameras is independent of whether or not a flash is connected. Yes, it is normal, no, your housing does not need to go back to Ikelite ;).

    Edited by segal3

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.