Doing a little search I found an interesting article, where according to this is recommendable to clean the lenses with diluted vodka… the question remains is.... what we do with what is left in the bottle after cleaning the lenses?
they are both basically degreasers .. which lots of your fave bar grills will use to clean their cutlery with to give it shine after its been washed.
If your lense has a layer of anti glare or anything on it .. or your port has such a coating on it .. I would not use this method .. it works well on plain glass .. and removes things like finger prints etc that are caused by greasey paws !
If anyone wants to correct me and say that these are fine .. then thats ok too .. i personally wouldnt try it out.
Personally I like to dilute my vodka with Jack Daniels..
But I must admit everything seems blurry After.
Dive safe
DeanB
Be real careful about using alcohol for cleaning lenses, it can remove the coating. Better to use a water based cleaner.
Don't ask how I know this.
Don't ask how I know this.
OK, I'll bite. How do you know this?
OK, I'll bite. How do you know this?
It wasn't vodka, but another alcohol. (I can't remember which, it was a long time ago) I cleaned the lens of my spot meter and a blue coloured film, about the same size as the front element, came off the lens. Afterwards the lens didn't have that pretty reflection that a coated lens has.
For those interested, the film looked something like a contact lens, only thinner. Yes, it was the coating and yes, the fingerprint did come off.