Hello,
He we go, between all the complex problems of digital underwater photograpgy, I would like to see how you chose the two major basic settings: aparture and shutter speed.
I am using a D200 with SB800 flash, on aparture priority, TTL.
What I think to know:
small DOF: low f (2.8) , larger DOF high f (up to ?)
daytime dive, to get the remote background in: slow shutter speeds (up to 1/10th), so high f. For exemple wrecks or 'hammerhead wallpaper' style pics.
Let's say I want to isolate a subject on a rock. Small DOF will help. But also high f as to limit the light from the surroundings coming in ? Seems contradictory. Also TTL will interfere adjusting the flash power.
Could any of the pros make a beginner general settings guideline for day&nighttime flash photography?
Please forgive me if asking to basic questions, but I see so many different settings used ...
Sven.