Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Scene Detection Prem Pro 2 - HDV capture

Started by Roger Eve ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Scene Detection Prem Pro 2 - HDV capture

4 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    For my sins I am using Premiere Pro 2 for my HDV capture and editing. Scene detection is available on capturing DV but NOT with HDV. Needless to say this does not appear in their adverts, and only in very small print in the manual!

     

    Obviously there is a work around with the razor tools, but it all takes much longer.

     

    Does anyone know of a plug-in to resolve this problem? Do any of the other editing programs allow scene detection on capture for HDV.

     

    Thanks

     

    Roger

  2. Hi All,

     

    For my sins I am using Premiere Pro 2 for my HDV capture and editing. Scene detection is available on capturing DV but NOT with HDV. Needless to say this does not appear in their adverts, and only in very small print in the manual!

     

    Obviously there is a work around with the razor tools, but it all takes much longer.

     

    Does anyone know of a plug-in to resolve this problem? Do any of the other editing programs allow scene detection on capture for HDV.

     

    Thanks

     

    Roger

     

    I'm using HDV Split. (Free)

     

    It can run the capture, or split files that have already been captured.

     

    http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm

     

    I believe the Cineform does scene detection, plus converts to a codec that is going to give much better editing performance. I have not used this myself, but I think others here have.

     

    http://www.cineform.com/products/AspectHDPPro.htm

  3. Thanks for the Info - I will look at both options

     

    Roger

  4. I too am using HDVSplit. It works well and the clip naming feature is great but many times it tells me "some packets lost". I think this is because there are breaks in time code caused by the fact that I have "quick record" set on my Z1.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.