Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Dive Red Sea - new book

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Dive Red Sea - new book

13 posts
  1. I am excited to say that Dive Red Sea - a new book written by WP member Simon Rogerson and John McIntyre was published last week - and is on sale this week (in the UK).

     

    USP_DIVE_Red_Sea_jacket.jpg

     

    This new large format guide book covers all 8 nations that border the Red Sea, as well as all the classic areas of Egypt. It is about 350 pages long and only costs £20!

     

    Photographically it contains the photos almost exclusively from Wetpixel members (some regular posters, others less so): myself (Alex_Mustard), Charles Hood (Charles Hood), JP Trenque (frogmansub), Jane Morgan (Jane Morgan) and Simon Rogerson (Simon Rogerson).

     

    Personally, I am very happy as I have 150 images in the book, and it was a chance to share many of my photos that have not been seen elsewhere. The book also contains many filter shots (by me and others), which are really suited to this sort of publication for capturing the "what-its-really-like look" of shipwrecks and divesites.

     

    View sample pages of the book, although the images are not well rendered in this low res web-version, but you can read the text. I find that this software is a bit flakey and takes me a couple of attempts to flick through the pages.

     

    I saw about the first 10 pages of one of the advance copies last week (before having to jump in the car to beat rush-hour out of London). And I am looking forward to seeing the book in detail at LIDS this weekend.

     

    Alex

     

    You can read more here.

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  2. It looks fantastic Alex! I really want to go there someday... Congrats to everyone involved in the project.

    Edited by Rocha
  3. Outstanding.

     

    Another feather in your cap. Great job and I look forward to seeing it and going one day. Congrats to all those members involved.

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

  4. Hi Alex

     

    I've had my copy on order from Amazon for ages; hope they ship soon!

     

    Ralph

  5. Wow Alex - from your website this looks to be a very nice book, you should be very proud to be selected as a photographer for such a project - Congrats

  6. Congrats Alex...We will keep a look out for it.

  7. I can't wait to get my hands on a signed copy !

  8. Thank all. But, I am just one of several contributors, and not the main one. Simon Rogerson (who is a member, though rarely posts) did most of the words - which is much more work than sending in a few snaps!

     

    I'm jealous of you, JP. You have loads of your photos in the book. And more importantly there are loads of pictures of you in there too (at least 2 in the first 10 pages). I am not in it at all.

     

    It would be cool to have a copy signed by all the major contributors. I know most will be at LIDS at somepoint.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  9. Thank all. But, I am just one of several contributors, and not the main one. Simon Rogerson (who is a member, though rarely posts) did most of the words - which is much more work than sending in a few snaps!

     

    I'm jealous of you, JP. You have loads of your photos in the book. And more importantly there are loads of pictures of you in there too (at least 2 in the first 10 pages). I am not in it at all.

     

    It would be cool to have a copy signed by all the major contributors. I know most will be at LIDS at somepoint.

     

    Alex

     

    I need to make it clear though that I'm not the diver in the yum-yum yellow wetsuit !

     

    And I haven't signed a model release form ! :wacko:

     

    JP

  10. And I haven't signed a model release form!

     

    I was gonna sue you for swimming into my photos and deliberately sabotaging them.

     

    Alex

  11. I was gonna sue you for swimming into my photos and deliberately sabotaging them.

     

    Alex

     

    I'm sure we can reach a settlement. I was thinking... maybe... a couple of pints tomorrow evening at LIDS.

  12. Les pints will have to wait a week. I think today's results mean that I will have to get myself home to celebrate.

     

    Alex

  13. Oops, Alex is right congrats to all those members involved. Very cool and call me for the next one. ; ) Well, not Red Sea as I have not been yet.

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.