Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

shawdow

Started by kentmorrdave ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

shawdow

6 posts
  1. I use a Canon A620 with there assigned housing. I come across this shadow sometimes:

    eac9de52.jpg

     

    Can someone explain this? Thank you in advance. :wacko:

    Edited by kentmorrdave
  2. if your housing or dome port has any type of protection/feature which sticks out, this can block light from your strobes if they are placed to far behind or too low in relation. is this a possibility?

  3. What housing do you use?

    Sometimes a diffuser on the internal flash can helps.

  4. To my eyes, this is clearly shading from port. You will need to zoom your lens in a bit to crop it out of the field of view.

     

    If you look at the housing you can see exactly what is causing it:

    2497_front_.jpg

     

    Not the photographer's fault.

     

    Alex

  5. Is the housing design really that bad ?

     

    I'd be interested to hear if zooming in a bit does avoid the shadow.

  6. I used to get a similar shadow when my internal strobe would fire with my WA lens on so I would guess that is from your internal firing. The shadow is the lens port. My guess is you don't have an external strobe.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.