I'm now shooting a digital SLR (D70S) after shooting a Nik V for a few years. Don't have a housing for it yet, but planning on purchasing an Aquatica housing for it very soon in preparation for a trip to Wakatobi next year.
I haven't used my Ike SS 200 for a few years but am planning on using it with my D70S (shooting in manual) so I sent it in to Ikelite for maintenance. Ikelite's Repair Dept first sent me an email asking me what housing I was going to use. I replied that I was going to be using an Aquatica housing. Then they sent me a second email asking me if the Aquatica housing was manual. I was surprised by this question, since I thought that only the Ikelite housings had TTL in the housing. I plan on shooting manual with the Aquatica housing. I have no immediate plans to get digital strobes, although I may do so in the future. I also have an SB 105 which I've used while shooting with dual strobes with the Nik V and was hoping to use that set up with the D70S.
My goal is to use the SS 200 (and SB105 if needed) with the D70S and also to use it with the Nik V if I want to use the 15mm lens to shoot WA.
My question is: Why are they asking if the Aquatica housing is manual? Do they somehow configure the SS200 differently depending on the answer?
I also have some questions about shooting in manual but that will have to wait for another time.
Thanks all!
Ellen