Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite G2+DS 125 combo : great !!

Started by Ben ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite G2+DS 125 combo : great !!

4 posts
  1. Hi,

     

     

    I am just back from Cuba (Maria la Gorda) where I tried the Ike G2+DS125 combo for the first time : it's fantastic!!

     

    I am a newbie in the world of UWphoto, and I have to say this combo is really very friendly.

    I shot TTL / aperture priority mode.

     

    The only slight problem : I missed a couple of shots because of the zoom button remaining in the in/out position... that's a problem you've got to keep in mind with this housing when zooming.

     

    You'll find attached 2 examples of my very first shots... I couldn't imagine my first UW trials would lead to such results...

  2. The second example : french angel fish

  3. Graet Pics. Especially the Snails.

     

    I can't wait to get my DS125 for my S40. They should be shiped today :-)

     

    Simon

  4. I have the same set up and I too am a beginner (only been shooting a little over a year). I would agree that it is very user friendly and I too had the same stuck-on-zoom issue.

     

    I am looking at adding another strobe to help fill shadows and for wide angle shots (just got a INON UWL-100).

     

    Happy shooting!

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.