I'm looking for a colored lense to screw onto my Canon DVC. The camera fits into an old large housing I made. Do I have to go to the manufacturer of my Camera or are most lenses of this kind interchangeable between brands and able to screw straight on to standard DVC's - therefore I can pick one up that isn't necissarily for a Canon? ![]()
- 3Posts
- 3Replies
Read-only discussion
Screw on Colored Lenses for DVC"s
-
-
Check out this link
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/krete22_FILTERS_W...9QQftidZ2QQtZkm
It's an e-bay store selling KOOD underwater filters, about halfway down the page that you open with this link.
First check that you have a screw thread on the lens of either your camera, or your housing, what size is the thread?
if you can't get the correct size filter dont worry you can buy "step-up rings" to fit the filter to the camera. There pretty cheap for colour correction underwater filters so no great loss if they don't work as well as you like, and you can always sell them on in e-bay after

-
you could also look at www.magic-filters.com or www.urprofilters.com
Each of them make colour correction filters. Basically, you need to figure out the thread size for your camera and order the proper size. Camera brand doesn't matter, most cameras come with fairly standard thread sizes. It will be on the inside of the lens cap written in mm and/or written around the lens itself