Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

www.tvscuba.com TV about scuba only..

Started by miguelvideosub ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

www.tvscuba.com TV about scuba only..

11 posts
  1. Does anyone knows this?..I saw at friend´s forum , well..here is the link..

    TVSCUBA

     

    I wonder if perphaps could it be possible to create tvwetpixel...jeje..if we create dvd why not a TV? with photos and videos?...jeje. just for more information, you have a link at bottom for http://www.globaldigitalbroadcast.com/

    Regards..

    Edited by miguelvideosub
  2. I think you will find that Global Digital went bust and that TVscuba went out on its own with new servers and became the TVscuba Network with 20 channels.

     

    Then again I should know, I'm part of their film crew. LOL

    Edited by Wet & Wild
  3. Hi All

     

     

     

    I have just spent the last 2 hours on a website I found called 'The TVscuba Network' at www.TVscuba.com

     

     

     

    it's amazing, there is diving videos from all over the world. Has anyone else seen this....? How come I have never seen this before in any dive magazines? ASnyone got any info on this.

     

     

     

    Thanks all

  4. As long as they do not expect to receive freebie Vids from divers under the 'Amateur' banners then good luck to them... :island:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. HiI am a camera man working with TVscuba's film crew. I have had the pleasure of

     

    diving Papua New Guinea, The Solomon Islands, Raja Ampat, Bali and Sulawesi in

     

    the last 12 months. I have been filming a series called 'The Diving Diaries'

     

    for Jaime Burns. It’s all up on the South Pacific Channel and the South East

     

    Asia Channel on the Network

     

     

     

    There has not been much on this site because Jaime (Who owns The TVscuba

     

    Network) had quite strong words with Eric Cheng a while back over a post that

     

    Eric put up on behalf of that Muppet Simon Rogerson at dive magazine (UK) who

     

    tried to spread some rather nasty rumours casting aspersion as to the validity

     

    of Jaime’s status as a marine photo journalist and film maker. (Pretty dumb

     

    considering Jaime is a member of the National Union of Journalists, holds

     

    National and International Press Cards and has been published worldwide).

     

     

     

    Eric took Simon at face value (That was rather stupid to

     

    start with) and did not check the accusation before putting up the post

     

     

     

    This goes back to an article that was publish in dive mag in

     

    either 1999 or 2000, I can’t remember exactly. The destination will remain

     

    nameless but as you can imagine it was one of those ‘this is fantastic diving’

     

    articles driven by advertising. Jaime dived in the same place for Sport Diver

     

    Magazine about 6 month later and was appalled at how bad the diving was

     

     

     

    What made it worse was that Jaime met a young

     

    couple sitting by the bar on his first night at the resort, the girl was

     

    sobbing and he found out that they had been saving up for a year to go on a great

     

    diving holiday. They had read the article in dive mag and booked their holiday

     

    only to find out that the diving was pants when they got there. (This is what gave Jaime the inspiration for TVscuba

     

    At this point I would mention that Jaime has never been

     

    popular in certain diving circles because he always tells the true and this was

     

    no exception, although Mark Evans (sport divers editor) did tone down and

     

    rewrite Jaime's article it still left egg on dive mags wetsuit

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    After the malicious post was put up on wetpixel in 2004 Jaime decided to start

     

    www.Tvscuba.com in 2005 so that no one could influence the truth anymore and he

     

    had a powerful medium to fight back against poor journalism and shoddy dive

     

    mags. Since then he has had Simon firmly in his sites. It is not what TVscuba

     

    say but more over what it does not say. IE, there has not been anything on the

     

    Red Sea in 4 years. Jaime does not do diver soup….. And the only bad diving

     

    diary report on the whole of the network was the Spirit of the Solomon’s

     

    Liveaboard which was truly dire. I know cos I was there

     

     

     

     

     

    I would pay good money to be on a dive boat that had both

     

    Simon and Jaime on it

     

    And before you as...How do I know all this? I am Jaime's brother and have been his safety diver and second camera for 12 years

  6. I think you should look at the website before making stupid comments. Any amature who want to put his or her video's up can on the Amature channel that was set up for that porpose after many requested it.....

     

    There is over 100 hours of Pro Video

  7. The statute of limitations had long expired when Jaime wrote to me, so he has no case against Wetpixel or Simon (and the content was not something that would have held up, anyway). When Jaime contacted me, I removed the post out of courtesy.

     

    "Wet & Wild": if you persist in posting without respect to others, I will bring that post back and highlight it publicly so people know what you are referring to.

    Edited by echeng
  8. I have just spent the last 2 hours on a website I found called 'The TVscuba Network' at www.TVscuba.com

     

    it's amazing, there is diving videos from all over the world. Has anyone else seen this....? How come I have never seen this before in any dive magazines? ASnyone got any info on this.

    Thanks all

     

    Hello, 'Shark Man' -

     

    After doing more investigation, it appears that you and Wet & Wild have the same IP address and registered for Wetpixel within an hour of each other. That being the case, I find it highly unlikely that you do not know what "The TVscuba Network" is, since Wet & Wild claims to be "part of their film crew LOL" [sic]. Could you not just ask him, or if you are the same person, ask yourself?

  9. I think you should look at the website before making stupid comments. Any amature who want to put his or her video's up can on the Amature channel that was set up for that porpose after many requested it.....

     

    There is over 100 hours of Pro Video

     

    I'm renowned for stupid comments :island: I suppose you get paid for your work??? or are you an amature(?) ;)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  10. Hello, 'Shark Man' -

     

    After doing more investigation, it appears that you and Wet & Wild have the same IP address and registered for Wetpixel within an hour of each other. That being the case, I find it highly unlikely that you do not know what "The TVscuba Network" is, since Wet & Wild claims to be "part of their film crew LOL" [sic]. Could you not just ask him, or if you are the same person, ask yourself?

     

     

    :island:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  11. Ok, Jaime himself wrote back a long, rambly message saying that the other guy is his brother (he also threatened legal action). It seems strange that one brother doesn't know what the other brother is doing, since both brothers opened accounts and posted from the same office one hour apart. It's possible, I suppose, but seems unlikely.

     

    Moving on... (and closing this thread before it explodes into a war)

    Edited by echeng
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.