Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Underwater Workshop DVD

Started by kriptap ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater Workshop DVD

4 posts
  1. I ordered the underwater workshop DVD after seeing it advertised here on Wetpixel. After waiting 6 weeks for it I contacted Doug and asked him where it was, he said he sent it and provided me with details, we agreed to wait a little longer. After another week passed and still no DVD, I contacted him again and asked him to resend it, but this time by courier and I will pay the cost of the shipping, he wrote back saying he would send it but by mail. I said I was not prepared to wait 6 more weeks for it and not to send by mail but courier and again I said I would pay the cost of the shipping, once more he emailed and said he will send by mail again!! now I'm getting mad, does he not read the email correctly? if he sends by mail it might take another 6 weeks, that's why I want it by courier, I said I'd pay that cost. What the heck is going on? has anyone else had any problems ordering from him?

  2. I ordered the underwater workshop DVD after seeing it advertised here on Wetpixel. After waiting 6 weeks for it I contacted Doug and asked him where it was, he said he sent it and provided me with details, we agreed to wait a little longer. After another week passed and still no DVD, I contacted him again and asked him to resend it, but this time by courier and I will pay the cost of the shipping, he wrote back saying he would send it but by mail. I said I was not prepared to wait 6 more weeks for it and not to send by mail but courier and again I said I would pay the cost of the shipping, once more he emailed and said he will send by mail again!! now I'm getting mad, does he not read the email correctly? if he sends by mail it might take another 6 weeks, that's why I want it by courier, I said I'd pay that cost. What the heck is going on? has anyone else had any problems ordering from him?

     

    I ordered it and received it within a week. The playback is a little buggy, video portion uses flash player and audio plays on my DVD playing software. If one of the 2 programs is not running that component is missing. Also changing "chapters" is very slow. Content and tips great and IMHO woth the agrivation.

     

    However, after looking at your photos, you don't need the DVD. In fact you could easily give a course on how to shoot photos underwater. You do great stuff very consistantly.

  3. Had mine in a week and having no clue about CS2 found it very useful.

  4. I ordered and received one a couple of months ago when it first came out.

     

    Besides at the beginning trying to figure out what to click on to get the thing to play (I have a PowerMac and it didn't work to click on the 'getting started' part, I just clicked on the 'web-linked' part), it has played flawlessly and has some really valuable information.

     

    Just the fact that this DVD walks you through all these aspects of Photoshop with an underwater viewpoint - it cleared up a lot of misunderstood things for me. Of course I have Photoshop books, even the Drafhal's newer one. But they aren't as good as this DVD, I got a much more complete understanding of the way Photoshop works with underwater photographs with Sloss's DVD here.

     

    I may not use all this techniques (or hopefully won't need to!!), but the understanding gained from going through the whole DVD really cleared up a lot of things for me.... ^_^

     

    No problems with it and I received mine within a week of ordering. But then I'm in the USA.

     

    Best, Carol

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.