Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Worlds fastest dive boat

Started by dmoss ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Worlds fastest dive boat

12 posts
  1. Although built and marketed toward a different clientele <_< ...this little screamer, with a few modifications like a camera table and Seat Belts, would definitely get you to the dive site ahead of the crowd ^_^

     

    Check It Out

  2. Holy cripes... :):)

     

    Thats the 'God' of RIB's.. :)

     

    I heard Mark Thorpe has had one built especially for his 'RED' camera... ;)

     

    'SBS' dive operators ^_^:)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. HI,

    thats not a rib, it a missile :) & it has not even got a Ladder :)

    or Tail lift ;)

    Andy ^_^:)

  4. Although built and marketed toward a different clientele <_< ...this little screamer, with a few modifications like a camera table and Seat Belts, would definitely get you to the dive site ahead of the crowd
    That isn't so different from the chase boats the SS uses for fishing with George Bush Sr. up in Kennebunkport. Not as many engines, but then again probably more performance per engine.

     

    So while the drug runners would seem to have a bit more speed they don't have Secret Service agents in fashionable matching wetsuits scrubbing down and hosing off the boats after the trip. It kind of cracks me up everytime I see it ^_^

  5. I'm feeling a little guilty. My first thought on see that picture was "I want one"

  6. Yeah but I still think this RIB is the coolest:

     

    Subskimmer

  7. I'm feeling a little guilty. My first thought on see that picture was "I want one"

     

     

    Whew...I'm not the only lunatic. Haha.

     

    However there is a part of me, the boating guy, that thinks this think is way over engineered and they might have actually even achieved greater speed with a little less. Some of those things have to cavitate so much they'd be virtually useless and at some point there's got to be a law of diminishing returns.

    Edited by ce4jesus
  8. No good for a dive operator.

    Have to charge the divers $1000 per dive to cover the fuel ^_^

  9. No good for a dive operator.

    Have to charge the divers $1000 per dive to cover the fuel :)

     

    I guess that if you combine both "activities" divers may go for free!! ^_^

  10. Probably not as fast, stable and storage space for contraband as some of our 'traditional' drug running race boats in the Carribean - Florida area. But much more cost-efficient to run. Hey, when one of those Yammies conks out, just throw it over the side and install a new one.

  11. Wow, be great to own either, but I have to agree with Drew on the Subskimmer cool factor. How many RIBs can claim this:

     

    Submerged. Utilising its electric thrusters Subskimmer can operate completely submerged at speeds up to three knots. It can be deployed at depths up to 100 metres and can be left anchored to the seabed for extended periods. ;)

     

    Golly, means I could go on a dive and never have to get out of the driving seat. I wonder how steady it is on a video pan?

    post-5798-1175067759_thumb.jpg

    Edited by NickJ
  12. If the suskimmer craze takes hold in the Red Sea it would be chaos..

     

    Could you imaging the Thistlegorm..There would be a line of them waitng like a taxi rank...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.