Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Hackers concern...

Started by DeanB ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Hackers concern...

2 posts
  1. I just recieved this from Cliff Etzel...

     

    To all UWDV forum members,

     

    It appears that a hacker has gained access to the the UWDV.COM site and began a ruthless process of deleting data in the forums - the site may very well be compromised shortly and as a result, the forums will need to go offline for the time being. I apologize for this but it appears that anyone who uses their password on the forums for other activities should make password changes as soon as possible. This hacker has already deleted over 500 emails from my personal email account and as such, could gain access to your private information as well. I will let you know when the site is back online.

     

    Sincerely,

     

    Cliff Etzel

     

    Anybody else a member of this site..What does it actually mean for us to do ^_^

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  2. Sorry to hear that happened. I saw the message on UWDV.com when I was trying to access it this morning.

     

    Well for one Dean, make sure that your UWDV.com password isn't the same as your email password (whichever email account you used to register with UWDV). let's say it was the same (I'm pretty sure you're too smart to have don that). They could then get into your email account like what happened to Cliff. Now image you had a paypal account or bank account info in that email account and used the same passwords... It's a bit of a stretch, but could happen...

     

    play it safe...

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.