Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Marine Biology Text

Started by scubanut75 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Marine Biology Text

2 posts
  1. As many of you know, I'm a high school teacher who takes high school kids down to the Caribbean from the States to get their feet wet in the marine ecosystem. In the past I've used Snyderman & Wiseman's Guide to Marine Life.

     

    However, the publisher has informed me that they won't have this text in time for our upcoming trip. Does anyone have any suggestions of another text that fits a similar profile. I'm looking for an intro. to the marine ecosystem w/ pictures that will help the kids with their marine life identification.

     

    Thanks in advance.

  2. As many of you know, I'm a high school teacher who takes high school kids down to the Caribbean from the States to get their feet wet in the marine ecosystem. In the past I've used Snyderman & Wiseman's Guide to Marine Life.

     

    However, the publisher has informed me that they won't have this text in time for our upcoming trip. Does anyone have any suggestions of another text that fits a similar profile. I'm looking for an intro. to the marine ecosystem w/ pictures that will help the kids with their marine life identification.

     

    Thanks in advance.

    Alick Jones's book is now in pocket edition and not too expensive, but maybe not comprehensive enough, depnds on the kids a bit.

    Bill

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.