Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Patima housing vs Ikelite (Swimming pool photography)

Started by matt2jo ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Patima housing vs Ikelite (Swimming pool photography)

1 posts
  1. Hello, I am looking at doing swim school photography(pool photography)and was wondering if anyone would have advice on a decent camera set up. There are 2 setups I am currently looking at. An Ikelite housing on a Canon 400D with a DS-125 strobe and a 8 " Dome (acylic). This set up uses a TTL system. The other setup I am considering is a Patima housing with the Canon 400D, either the DS-125 strobe or the Inon Z 240 with the Patima 6" (glass)dome port. All of my photography is going to be either in pools or in the surf. Does anyone have any recommendation of what would work best for me? From what I can tell from photos of other people doing this type of work the lighting is very important. There seems to be a huge difference in the quality of these type of photographers. Any info on housings , strobes, Ports (acrylic vs glass) would be greatly appreciated..

     

    Thanks,

     

    Matt Schultz

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.