Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sony Vegas - Problem

Started by Giles ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony Vegas - Problem

4 posts
  1. So i shot some video's on my Canon SD40 and i got a bunch of avi files that are mjpeg codec files.

     

    as far as I know sony vegas is fine with those.

     

    I can view them in windows media so I know i cave the codecs etc workign on my machine.

    When iimport the media into vegas .. i get the audio .. but no video .. and i can't even preview the file.

     

    Itried using Nic's 4CC changer .. but that didn't help

     

    I am about to try Stoick Video converter.

     

    Does anyone have any idea what my problem is here or what I can try to fix this easily .. i dont like having to convert before i play.

     

    btw i do have some avi files tha work fine .. not from my camera. So vegas is ok ... i'm gonna keep trying .. but I have searched and searched and don't see much hope out there right now.

  2. Stoick converter worked .. i converted the files to NTSC DV .. oh well .. not too much of a hastle i guess.

     

    maybe i should get a proper DV recored thingy

  3. Also to render for something like Youtube i ended up with these settings incase anyone else has issues with huge file sizes ..

     

    mp4, 1Mbs, 30fps and 425x318 cutom frame size .. 20mb for 4.30 min video .. the quality seems ok .. does that sound good you video techy guys ?

    Edited by Giles
Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.