I had no idea shark fin soup was so prevalent in the US. The following is a list of just Washington DC based restaurants that serve shark fin soup. I can only guess how that translates to a national list.
http://www.awionline.org/whales/news/DC_re...ark-finsoup.htm
Perhaps what is most concerning is that the US is not considered poor and uneducated. If patrons in DC continue to consume shark fin soup (one would assume if they have the money to afford it, they likely have the education to know better) then this suggests little hope that education in China will make much of an impact at all on shark finning:( If this is true, no shark poplution will last long enough for the message to take hold and change behavior.
I for one will not dine at a restaurant that serves shark fin soup. It would be very cool if we could build a list of all US and Canada restaurants that serve shark fin soup. Our members in Europe could do the same. We then publish this list and petition the restuarants to drop shark fin soup.
Anyone know of a more comprehensive list similar to the one above?